Monday, October 9, 2017

Mt. Fuji, I'm coming ^_^

Mount fuji, I'm coming... This what i thought last year when i got my visa to japan. Travelling to japan and hiking to the top of Mt. Fuji is one of my dream. When i planned to japan, I started searching about Mount fuji, what should i prepared. Hiking Mount fuji takes about 7 - 10 hours, so i started jogging and gym two months before i travelled to japan.

Many things we should prepare before hiking, the most important is stamina,then equipment. Here is the list we should prepared : 
1. Hiking shoes
2. Warm clothes / jacket
3. Raining coat
4. Light / Headlamp
5. Cap / hat
6. Mask
7. Water
8. Cash / Money
9. Gloves
10. Sun Glasses
11. Hiking stick

Mount fuji can only be climbed in summer. It's not recommended hiking in other season cause it's dangerous. Every hiker should pay an entrance fee 1000 yen/pax. When you paid, you will get advice book and an omiyage from mount fuji.


Mount fuji from fifth station


Mount fuji has four courses : yoshida trail, gotemba trail, subarashi trail, and fujinomiya trail. They are color code on the course guide. Becareful not to take the wrong route. Climbers on mount fuji hike in the dark to see sunrise take wrong route and end up at diffrent trail.



Mount fuji trail


Sign

Mountain Hut

I  climbed in the morning at 09:00 am end up at 17:00 pm. I choose yoshida trail. I didn't reach the top of the mountain. I climbed until 8th station than back to hostel. Hiking mount fuji take a lot of time and energy but it worth it.


Beautiful scenery

At the fifth station of mount fuji there are many shop sell gift or local snack. I bought a stick. When i hiked, i paid for the stamp at the each station. I thought it was the unique giving from mount fuji for myself.

There are many trail to climb mount fuji and many way to get the  foot of the mountain. I took a train from tokyo to kawaguchiko st. There is a bus to the fifth station and it cost 2100 yen for round trip. Make sure you check the bus schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment